Sunday, January 15, 2006

California or bust...

First: Those kids on the Welch's juice commercials are disturbing. I think they are CGI.

Secondly: I'm really disappointed in the way the Boondocks animated series came out. The timing is all wrong. It's not nearly as entertaining as the comic strip, and while I love Regina King of 227 fame, I don't think her voice is right for Huey...really any male child characters. I think that grown women playing young boys really only works for The Simpsons and Rugrats.

Third: So, yes, still moving to California. No, you won't ever hear me refer to it as Cali (you know, unless I'm singing some LL), or L.A. At the very latest, I will be there around the first of February. At the earliest, next Monday? Right now it feels like being in limbo. I can't sleep well partly because of nerves, but also because the apartment is a complete wreck. I'm torn between whether or not I should clean, or just leave everything out as it should be easier for the movers to pack--I so love having relocation benefits. I'm sure things will be fine once everything is done, but it's all the preparation beforehand.

Fourth: Didn't sell Dieta yet. Will probably just trade her or sell her when I get there. It will be a good test of whether or not I really want manual transmission in bad traffic.

Finally: Lately I've been feeling the generation X & Y gap. It's really not a big gap when you think about it, not even as big as the one between X and Boomer, but there is a definite gap. Maybe it's just age, but I still find myself looking at some of the Y'ers thinking "I know I wasn't like that at that age." Not to say that I haven't come a long way and that I didn't do a lot of stupid things and that I'm not the same person I was at 20 or at 25 and that with any luck a lot of the Y'ers won't be either. [You know, this was a much longer post, but I edited it because, well, because] Suffice it to say, though, that if I hear one more NPR broadcast about why Generation Y'ers should be given management "stretch" positions right out of school, or how particular Gen Y'ers can't afford the Manhattan lifestyle right out of the Ivy League, I'm going to go on a rampage. I really will. You'll get all the things you think you deserve right now (and I'm sure so much more undeservedly) in due time. In the meantime, suck it up, quit yer bitching, stop acting like certain things are beneath you, and that you know everything. Learn some humility and how to treat others with respect.

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!!!

Okay, off the soapbox.

So, California, here I come. I just don't know when. No, I'm not sending any pictures of me on a forklift, but if you're nice, I may show you the license.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, did you ever make it to California? :-)

Stay away from the governor out there... I hear he can get a little gropy.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home